INTO A DEEP DRY SPELL
Villagers gathered to draw water from a massive well in Natwarghad in Indian State of Gujarat in June. During the region's worst drought in more than a decade, the temperature rose as high as 111 degree Fahrenheit.
Photograph by Amit Dave - Reuters.
Contamination on Wells
If you have hard water, whether it is well or municipal, contact us with the information mentioned below to assure years of dependable operation from your ionizer. If you are not certain about the hardness of your sources water, please consult with your local water provider and refer to the Water Quality article located in the back office in your resource section. Some municipal water is now being treated with chloramine instead of chlorine. Water treated with chloramine may require special pre-filtration.
- If your source water is from a well, it must be analyzed so that any pre-filtration needs can be addressed. This will ensure the performance and longevity of your investment.
- The information we require to insure maximum benefit and functionality are: TDS (total dissolved solids), hardness, pH, iron, and calcium.
- Your local County or State Health Agency may offer free or low cost water testing. We recommend contacting them first.
- If you have water softeners or other filtration in place, please get the water tested after this filtration, we want to know what is in the water going into the Ionizer.
It is not recommended to use an ionizer without pretreatment in areas with water that has the following measurements:
- Hardness (or Calcium Carbonate) over 316ppm (18.5 grains)
- Iron over .3ppm,
- TDS over 600ppm;
- Calcium above 50ppm
Email or fax a copy of your water report to us – including levels of TDS, Calcium, Hardness, and Iron - for a free analysis. Once your report has been reviewed we will a pre-filtration system if needed. Rates apply.
For the health of your family and yourself, we also recommend testing for other constituents including coliform bacteria, nitrites/nitrates, arsenic, and fluoride.
This is not required for the operation of the machine, but is encouraged for the health and well being of you and your family.